24.10.13

The First Day.


EV started school on Monday. In NZ a child is allowed to start school after their 5th Birthday. We had made a few visits to her new school and met her teacher and classmates. So when it was time to start EV already felt at home, just more excited if that's even possible.



It was a lovely day too which made the walk to school easy. We all walked together as Dada wanted to see EV's classroom and teacher. When we arrived I took a photo of EV at the old front entrance.


Then EV took off in front of us as she was so excited she couldn't wait to get to class. I managed to catch up and see her as she walked up to the door and looked in, and then went to her teacher to say she had arrived. 



The bell rang and EV sat on the mat in the front beside the teacher and waved goodbye to me with a huge smile on her face. That afternoon when IB and I went to collect her EV came straight to me and said that she had a great day at school! She was very tired though so I gave her a tow home on her scooter.

On the second day she told me a boy kissed her on her cheek, and she lost her sunhat. She also came home with her book bag and did her first reading homework. Yesterday they had a swimming lesson and she played with some kids she didn't know. I think each day she seems to find a new kid to play with, and everyday she tells me how good school was. She even came home with the class bear and took photos with the bear to write up a story in Bear's Book.

"Bear and me watered the plant".
 
 
It's all been very exciting and I think she will be pretty tired this weekend!

No comments: