21.10.13

F I V E !


EV turned 5 on Sunday! We had a party with her friends to celebrate. We played pass the parcel, and Pin the tail on the Unicorn (I was helping with this game and I didn't get any photos of it, if anyone took a photo of this I would love to have a copy). 
Before the party started we hung up the pinata, which looked pretty cool.


I think EV is especially lucky as her birthday coincides with the beginning of strawberry season, so there were a lot of strawberries, and a cake of course.


Waiting for the candles to be lit.


EV wanted a castle cake to go with her Princess, Prince, Knights and Dragons theme. I had to give it a go of course. Lets just say I am over cake decorating (for another year at least).
We also made the 'Princess/Queen dress' that EV wore. She chose the red satin and I chose the purple for the detail. I made it up as I sewed. Its basically an apron that wraps around and is velcroed at the back.


Then the finale was the pinata!





Those kids gave it some good whacks and in the end Dada had to give it a good shake to get all of the goodies out. We were all pretty tired after such a fun party so we relaxed and rested for the evening as EV starts school on Monday, and that is just as exciting as having a party.

No comments: