5.12.10

Its Christmas time!

I love Christmas Trees. I look forward to putting one up every December. Although last Christmas I relented to guilt and bought a fake tree, the guilt being Jimbone's horrendous hay fever whenever I have bought home a real live tree. This is the first year EV has been old enough to help me decorate the tree. She was so excited and ran around the room shouting "Christmas Tree!". 




This is Inger the Christmas Fairy. She came to us a year ago in an old sewing box I bought from the vintage textile market. On the inside of her skirt someone has written 'from Lally, Xmas 1965' and then 'INGER', hence her name. I didn't even know Inger was in the sewing box until the Crafty Ladies League and I went through the box a few months ago. Now she has pride of place atop our tree.
EV was dying to help me put her on the tree.



EV says her favourite decoration is the "Christmas lights". Here is a little anecdote... it took a few days for me to get the tree done in between the usual chores and activities. During this time EV has developed an interest in knowing the time. About a million times a day I would hear "mama, what time is it?" and I would tell her the time, or maybe tell her "its Hammer time" or something, or ask EV what time she thought it was (always 6 o'clock apparently). While I was putting the lights on the tree EV asked me "mama what time is it?" and I told her, then 5 minutes later she asked again "what time is it?" and I told her... then she said "I like Christmas lights!".... "Christmas lights, what time is it?"

I have to say EV... Its Christmas time!!!!

No comments: