24.1.12

The Gym

When the rain goes away we like to go for a walk up Mt Eden in the mornings. Its excellent exercise and EV has been calling it "the gym". So if EV tells you she has been to the gym what she actually means is that she has been for a walk up Mt Eden. For the past week or so I have forgotten to take my camera with us, but today I remembered! I really wanted to capture (somehow) the lovely little springy 'running' EV does when we reach the summit. But today she wanted to sit down and eat her snack.

The hills in the distance on the left are Coromandel.

EV pointing to the airport as a plane was taking off. That's One Tree Hill in the middle.

Plane spotting.
Running. 


It's when I'm up on Mt Eden on a beautiful morning like this I am reminded how blessed we are to be here right now. Standing on the rim of a volcano that once upon a time I would've called extinct, but actually it's probably not technically extinct. I think most Aucklander's have an awareness of how we live on a potentially explosive pile of rocks. 
But what beautiful rocks!

And now for some of the more artistic shots I took as we were walking up the road. Actually thinking about the road to the summit, giant tour buses have finally been banned! It is such a dream going up there now that I don't have to worry about facing down a giant bus and wondering how I can meld in to the hill to give the bus room to pass us with the pram. And actually there are so many people walking, running and cycling up and down you will rarely see more than 3 cars in the mornings. And today! the road was closed so we had it all to ourselves. I would've loved to see some skaters flying down the road.


the tiny smudge on the right is actually a plane! I was surprised to see it when I zoomed in.

No comments: