28.7.13

Mermaids and Fairies.

EV came home the other week and told me that she had wanted her teacher to paint a mermaid on her arm but they ran out of time. So we found the face-paints and this mama did her best mermaid interpretation.

It reminded me of a tattoo and also of a conversation I had with EV one day about my tattoos. She asked me how big I was when I got mine, very big, you have to be a big girl before you are allowed to have a tattoo I told her. Then she wanted to know how they are made, so I explained about the needle gun and the ink. At this point she declared that she didn't want a tattoo because she hates needles. We will stick with the face-paint for now, whew!

The fairy mailbox is back!


It sits outside EV's door and every morning she checks to see if the fairies have left her anything. And while I'm on about magical things the other night EV woke up at some ungodly hour and was shouting for mama, luckily for mama dada went to see what was wrong. She couldn't find Pony ( the unicorn), he fell down the back of the bed! After a big search down the back of the bed it turns out he was actually still in her bed, just under the covers. "He must have flown back there" she declared and went back to sleep.

No comments: