27.4.12

Fat Cats.

EV was given a sewing book by NeeNee on Monday. It's a step by step sewing guide for kids with projects for them to make. To be honest it will be a few years before EV can really use it but she was so taken with it that we had to make something from it. EV chose to make a Fat Cat, in pink of course.

First of all we had to trace the pattern. As you can see EV did a fabulous job of tracing the cat pattern. She also put some pins in it once I had cut it out for her. (the ones in the head of the cat a mine but EV did the rest).


She looks so happy to be at the sewing machine! There's a slightly maniacal look to her eyes that seems somehow familiar... anyone who loves sewing will understand that look.




I discovered that EV is very good at stuffing. I think I might now have a job for her stuffing my sugar skulls.


 After some final sewing from mama, we have 'Fat Cat' with very long whiskers. EV was so proud of it she loves to take it out with her, but before we can leave it must be placed in a clean plastic bag - I assume so it stays nice and clean.

EV also discovered that she can make cloud trails everywhere. Just as well I have a super large bag of stuffing.