31.8.14

Hogmanay and a trip to the Trossachs.

On New Years Eve we decided to do a wee day trip to the Trossachs. We drove with the girls up to Callander where we stopped for a pub lunch and to buy some craft beer for our Hogmanay celebration. We also had to buy fudge and a Scots version of The Gruffalo's Child. I guess there must be an unwritten law for pubs and hotels in Scotland to have tartan carpet. I liked the thistle wallpaper in this pub, I also liked the mulled wine.





We were also hoping to see a bit of snow up close as EV was dying to see snow. What we did see were a lot of flooded lochs. My favourite view was this one of Loch Drunkie. The perfect name for a loch to see on New Years Eve.


I think this was Loch Achray, on the way to Loch Katrine. The light was so clear and low and wintery.

We had a Happy Hogmanay back in Killie, with the classic Scottish tradition of shortbread and of course a steak pie on New Years Day. I chose to have a Clootie Dumpling Ale, mmmmm.


No comments: