12.3.12

E

EV asked the other week if I would teach her to write properly. We have been writing letters for ages, randomly on the back of things or pretty much every time I had a pen in my hand EV wanted to add her bit. So far she has been happy enough with doodling E's on things but I think she actually wants to have a bit more effort put into it.
What she actually said to me was "I can't write properly (and you need to visualize a petted lip as she says this). I want you to teach me how to write numbers (she means letters), I'm not very good". I was sad that she felt she wasn't good at writing, that's a burden when you are 3 I'm sure, but I assured her we would start to take it more seriously if that's what she wants. So we started with the register at pre-school. The kids have a laminated card to sign in when they arrive in the morning and EV usually doodles something. This is where we have started with the letter E. (the middle E on Thursday is my example for EV to copy).


I like it when she gets carried away and adds extra lines to her E's.
Here is another example she did on my shopping list.


On the weekend EV had a fever and threw up a couple of times. She's a funny kid when she's feverish. Despite having a high fever she has a fantastic sense of humour and a winning smile which is kind of reassuring when you are worrying about the fever and wiping up vomit. On Sunday we took it easy, even though she was over the fever and the sickness we hunkered down while it rained outside and we started a new (very early) Easter project, an Easter egg chain decoration.



I will post photos of the completed project when we are finished, or when we have run out of glitter, which ever comes first!

No comments: