25.6.11

A snapshot of Sydney

We had a lovely trip to Sydney this week and we got to stay with our friends Little Dude and his parents and EV got to have her first stay in a hotel. On Monday we went to Taronga Zoo with Little Dude and his mama. I wasn't sure if I should admire the giraffe or their view of Sydney more.
 Little Dude gave EV a stuffed toy Koala, which has become a firm favourite already. EV often asks for her  "kowawa", and says "she's so cute".

EV waving to the seals.


EV and Little Dude played around the garden while we cooked pizzas in the wood fired oven. And EV took a photo of dada. She is becoming obsessed with taking photos. I suppose I can't bame her when I always have the thing pointed in her face.


 EV and Little Dude shared a bubble bath and after an initial stand off they got stuck into the toys.
 
The next morning I found a couple of jailbirds in the cot.


They liberated a Panda and a monster before Little Dude pretended to escape by sticking his leg through the bars (all funny until he actually got stuck!).

On Tuesday we got to spend the morning playing at a new playground with Little Dude and his mama. I can honestly say it was the best playground I have played at. The adults had as much fun as the kids.










This is the view I got when I came down the slide.
After our stay with Little Dude and his family we had a couple of nights in the city. EV was happy because we got to go on trains. We went on a harbour ferry, and it was freezing cold! 


EV loved the pool in the hotel, which had an amazing view of the Sydney Harbour bridge ( you can just see it out of the back window). EV liked to do 'tricks' in the pool (kicking her legs on the shallow ledge) and performed her 'show' for us, which went... "(clearing throat noise) Welcome to my Show!" I think the dramatic location of the pool made her come over all dramatic. It was a lovely break. Now we are home we are packing and preparing to leave for new locations.

No comments: